This has been a good week for us. As it turns out, Hurricane Isaac decided not to pay Texas a visit and, for the damage our state might have incurred, that's a good thing. We could have used a little rain, but that will come. The humidity today was 23%! Since we didn't get the much needed rain, I'm thankful for the dryer air.
Here are a few trivia tidbits:
1) The word Texas originates from tejas, the Hasinai Indian expression, which stands for allies or friends.
2) The official state mammal of Texas is the armadillo.
3) On July 20, 1969, the first word to be uttered from the moon was Houston.
4) Texas covers 267,339 sq miles, which is 7.4% of the overall area of the U.S.
5) The biggest county in Texas is the Brewster County, which covers an area of 6,208 sq miles.
6) More land is cultivated in the state than any other U.S. state.
Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend and be safe out there!
Hugs to all,
Best Selling author Carra Copelin writes contemporary and historical romance. The Texas Code Series, contemporary romantic suspense novels include Code Of Honor, Book One. The Brides of Texas Code Series, western historical novellas, explores the Texas Code Series beginnings. Katie and the Irish Texan, Book 1, Matelyn and the Texas Ranger, Book 2, and Angel and the Texan from County Cork, Book 3. Laurel:Bride of Arkansas, American Mail-Order Brides Series, Book 25